English 11- Homework and assignments list
Those that are starred* are supposed to have been handed in. Those that are not starred are supposed to be completed and have been for preparation for the evaluated assignments, or have been evaluated through presentations, discussions and/or observations. Please note that all assignments handed in that are a paragraph or more in length must be handed in with all writing steps included.
1. Take course outline home and get parent to fill out information form. Bring
form in to teacher.
2. Sample writing assignment: Write a story/ composition that is 1-2 pages in
length. It must reflect one or more of the themes we watched in the videos.
( ie. Success, inspiration, motivation, persistence, overcoming odds, determination, change, courage, perseverance etc.)*
3. Read the story "On a Bridge". Do questions .
4. Watch movie Shawshank Redemption.
5. Complete literary terms handout for Shawshank Redemption.
6. Complete discussion circle handout for Shawshank Redemption.
7. Complete writing assignment for Shawshank Redemption.
8. Discussion circle for Shawshank Redemption and On a Bridge questions.
9. Position statement for Gentlemen your verdict (before reading the story)
|File Size:||15 kb|
10. Read the story "Gentlemen, Your Verdict" in Tigers of the Snow on pg. 21.
11. Complete position statements for after the story for Gentlemen Your Verdict.
12. Complete questions for Gentlemen Your Verdict.
|File Size:||19 kb|
13. Class discussion for Gentlemen Your Verdict questions.
14. Creative writing for Gentlemen Your Verdict. (see assignments above)
15. Moral Dilemma Class Group Discussions.
16. Moral Dilemma Questions.
17. Good copy of best Gentlemen your verdict question *
18. Good copy of best position statement for Gentlemen your verdict.
19. Good copy of best moral dilemma answer. *
20. General paragraph (examples and assignment below)
21. Gentlemen Your Verdict paragraph (see Gentlemen Your Verdict questions above #12)
22. Do position statements before "After the Sirens" in Tigers of the Snow
23. Read the story "After the Sirens" in Tigers of the Snow
24. Do questions for "After the Sirens" in Tigers of the Snow
|File Size:||16 kb|
25. Do position statements for after reading "After the Sirens"
26. Do Persuasive paragraph assignment for "After the Sirens" (see question sheet from #24 for details)
27. Descriptive writing practice, examples and assignment.
28. Narrative essay - 1st general practice
Create a thesis statement and write a narrative essay, following all the writing steps, up to rough copy, that is at least 2 pages long.
|File Size:||93 kb|
29. thesis and brainstorming practice- narrative essays
|File Size:||14 kb|
30. Narrative Essay #2- choose one of the 8 topics on the sheet
31. Test practice sheet
|File Size:||18 kb|
32. Act of writing Narrative essay introduction questions and example questions
|File Size:||24 kb|
33. Test on literary terms, short stories, answering questions and writing
34. Persuasive essay handout and questions
|File Size:||998 kb|