Humanities 9- Homework and assignments list
Those that are starred* are supposed to have been handed in. Those that are not starred are supposed to be completed and have been for preparation for the evaluated assignments, or have been evaluated through presentations, discussions and/or observations. Please note that all assignments handed in that are a paragraph or more in length must be handed in with all writing steps included.
1. Take course outline home and get parent to fill out information form. Bring form in to teacher.
2. Sample writing assignment: Write a story/ composition that is 1-2 pages in length. It must reflect one or more of the themes we watched in the videos.
( ie. Success, inspiration, motivation, persistence, overcoming odds, determination, change, courage, perseverance etc.) *
3. Read the story "The Weapon". Do questions .
4. Movie: Whale Rider - Do literary terms handout
5. Movie: Whale Rider - Do Discussion Circle handout.
6. Movie: Whale Rider - Do writing assignment.*
7. Discussion circles in class on Whale Rider and the Weapon.
8. Position statements for The Most Dangerous Game Story (before reading story)
|File Size:||15 kb|
9. Read "The Most Dangerous Game" in Journeys p. 65.
10. Answer questions for "The Most Dangerous Game"
|File Size:||26 kb|
11. "The Most Dangerous Game" in class discussion of questions
12. "The Most Dangerous game" Activity
|File Size:||160 kb|
13. Finish chart for "The Most Dangerous game" Activity.
14. Hand in your best question from "The Most Dangerous Game"*
15. Hand in your best position statement from "The Most Dangerous Game"*
16. Watch the movie "The Most Dangerous Game in Class" (on youtube)
17. Write down 20 differences between the movie and the story "The Most Dangerous Game" Pick the best 10 and for each one chosen write up a statement as to whether the difference made the movie better or worse than the story using a reason, example and explanation.
17. Pick your best statement of differences between the movie and the story "The Most Dangerous Game" and hand it in. *
|File Size:||13 kb|
18. Find a current event article and bring it in to
class. Do a current event write up for the article. *
19. Creative writing assignment for the Most Dangerous Game brainstorming chart.
20. Creative writing assignment for "The Most Dangerous Game" (see "The Most Dangerous Game" questions handout (#10) above for details)
|File Size:||27 kb|
21. General paragraph assignment
22. The Most Dangerous Game paragraph assignment (see #10 question handout for details on paragraph choices)
23. Canada map and guidelines
24. Latitude and longitude worksheet
25. Using the atlas worksheet.
26. Grid exercise
27. BC cities map
28. BC water bodies map
29. BC and Canada Assignment
30. Current Events Assignment #2
31. Test practice sheet for literary terms, how to answer questions and writing paragraphs
|File Size:||18 kb|
32. Chapter 6 crossroads assignment
33. Handout on how to read a textbook and textbook scavenger hunt
|File Size:||54 kb|